LotLinx is looking for a Data Analytics Developer to operationalize end to end automotive analytics solutions in our Peterborough, NH office. The ideal candidate must possess an excellent background in Big Data development, with experience in BigQuery or similar cloud platforms. The candidate must be skilled in data operations, performance tuning and possess the ability to communicate effectively with domain and technical experts in the team.
Analytics Developers are responsible for finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful to the enterprise. This role requires a significant set of technical skills, including a deep knowledge of SQL and multiple programming languages. The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with external source data systems, developing data pipelines, and creating architecturally sound, optimized data structures to be used in product development. Our data structures are exceedingly complex and require advanced knowledge of SQL, statistical methods, use of nested data structures and partitioned data sets.
- Candidate with a mixture of Software Development, Data Engineering, and most importantly, Big Data Analytics skills
- Extensive knowledge developing SQL, working with arrays, nested data structures and multi-terabyte datasets. Previous experience with multi-terabyte data sets is close to required.
- Experience with cloud data warehouse technologies such as BigQuery, Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake etc.
- Knowledge or experience with Presto, SparkSQL, HBase, or similar
- Ability to write efficient code and solid understanding of core data structures/algorithms is critical
- Strong critical thinking skills are needed, as you will be tackling complex and loosely defined data challenges, your ability to investigate raw data to find patterns and tease nuance from that data will be critical to your success.
- Operational experience working with scheduling, deployments, tuning, and code management
- You will need to be proactive, willing to speak your mind, and be comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- 4+ years’ experience in any flavor of SQL dealing with complex queries; analytics and data models.
- Must have experience working with nested arrays, window functions and SQL statistical functions
- Experience in Google Big Query (Redshift, Snowflake, Cloudera), Data engineering certification (e.g Certified Data Engineer or Google Cloud Certification is strong to possess).
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in a cross functional team environment
- Retail Automotive market domain knowledge is preferred
- The tasks and work will entail heads down coding; testing; data analysis; component packing/deployment.
- Able to work in a very high paced, complex and rewarding environment.
- Git, Airflow, ElasticSearch and Jenkins experience preferred.
- Previous experience as a data analyst or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Design, code, install, and maintain appropriate systems and software programs.
- This is a critical, hand-on development role, we are a lean, tightly integrated team so all members are experts from ingestion of raw data, to crafting beautiful end-user analytics and insights.
- Identify; evaluate; tailor; and direct the implementation of vendor-supplied software packages.
- Ensure the maintenance of adequate software systems documentation.
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews and test plan development
- Work on sprint team in agile; rapid development and deployment environment
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting solutions.
- Assist in defining strategies and executing tasks and projects.
- Develop and implement reports and queries to drive business processes.
- Provide technical and business knowledge support to the team.
- Ensure effective communication of user requirements.
Job Type: Full Time
- Advanced SQL: 4+ years of full-time experience
- Statistical functions: 1+ years experience
- Cloud Computing: 2+ years experience
- Data Operations: 2+ years experience
- Temporarily due to COVID-19